We are dedicated to renewing the promise of America by continuing the quest to realize our nation’s highest ideals, honestly confronting the challenges caused by rapid technological and social change and seizing the opportunities those changes create.
Since 1999, New America has nurtured a new generation of policy experts and public intellectuals. Today we are a community of innovative problem-solvers, combining our core expertise in researching, reporting and analysis with new areas of coding, data science, and human-centered design to experiment and innovate nationally and globally. We prize our intellectual and ideological independence and our diversity, seeking to do our best work and to reflect the America we are becoming.
As our institutions and ways of life are buffeted by change, we work for:
- Universal access to digital technology and its benefits across all communities.
- A society that promotes economic opportunity for all.
- Thriving families, individuals and communities with the time, stability and opportunity to lead self-directed lives.
- Equitable, accessible, high-quality education and training over a lifetime.
- Equal representation in politics and participation in accountable governance.
- A secure, prosperous America that lives up to its values and commitments at home and abroad.
New America is pioneering a new kind of think and action tank: a civic platform that connects a research institute, technology lab, solutions network, media hub and public forum.
We generate big, bold ideas as templates for change.
We design and advance evidence-based public policies.
We surface, share, and scale locally generated and tested solutions to public problems through a national and global network of public, private, and civic partners.
We develop legal, political and technological tools to build democratic capacity and enable solutions to grow and spread.
We tell stories about what is happening and what is possible, to give Americans a window into what we are capable of achieving together and a vision of what a renewed America could and should be.